Friends of Walker Memorial Library
The Friends of Walker Memorial Library was founded in 1980 by a dedicated group of about 50 members to support the Library during budget battles and fundraising projects with the aim of enhancing the Library and its effort to serve all members of the community. It’s original purpose still stands as follows:
* To maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
* To focus public attention on Walker Memorial Library
* To stimulate the use of the Library’s resources and services
* To receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the Library
* To support and cooperate with the Library in developing library services and facilities for the community
Currently the Friends meet about 6 times a year. The friends hold events throughout the year. Look for more information on our Calendar of Events page. New Friends are always welcome. For more information pick up membership forms in the library lobby.